The Bahamas, a country of 700 islands and thousands of islets and scenic caves, is one of the most popular destinations for Atlantic travelers. This is because the Bahamas is truly a beautiful country that is also fascinated by travelers and scientists, especially given the popularity of the famous "Blue Holes".
More than 4 million tourists enter the Bahamas each year, mostly by cruise ships. It is exciting and exciting to visit the Commonwealth of the Bahamas aboard a luxury cruise ship as trips like these are usually followed by parties, celebrations and other tourist activities aboard.
As with any type of international travel, going on a cruise to the Bahamas will require travelers to prepare properly. Below are eight important things one should do before booking a cruise to the Bahamas.
1. Obtain a passport. Upon entering the cruise ship, passengers will need to present their valid passport. Usually, cruise trips involve visits to more than one country. Therefore, the Bahamas also needed a passport to enter. The passports can be obtained from your country office passport with the government passport. US citizens 16 and older will be required to present a valid passport or a passport card while those 15 and older must be required to present an original issued birth certificate from by the Us Department of Health and Vital Statistics if a passport is not available Photocopies of birth certificates are not accepted. It is advisable to prepare a passport and an original birth certificate for each traveler.
2. Get a visa. Visa is not required for US and Canadian citizens. However, if you are from outside the United States or Canada, you may need a large number of US visas and, if necessary, a Bahamian visa (better check the Bahamian consulate to be sure). Foreign students studying in the United States traveling with a US visa must also show a valid SEVIS when traveling.
3. Prepare a valid ID. In addition to a passport and visa, travelers may be required to present a valid government-issued identification card.
4. Prepare other documents as proof of citizenship. Naturalization papers may not be accepted on the cruise line. US law of foreign residents may be required to present their valid resident card. Students must also obtain the completed form of I94 as well as a valid signed paper from the school. All documentation must be original copies.
5. Book your cruise trip. It is best to book your trip at least 3 months before your travel date to make sure you get the best price for your tickets. Keep in mind that fares are likely to increase in price as the travel date approaches and the number of available tickets decreases. You can choose to call your trusted travel agent to help you find the best deal for travel or just go to a reputable online DIY (do-it-yourself) travel site at travel. Most travelers use travel booking sites because they give customers full control when it comes to building their own travel. There are hundreds of travel sites online around the world web and most of them are owned by independent travel agents or individual affiliates of travel agencies. It is recommended to use travel agencies' websites with a strong industry experience as these companies have contact centers of experts and well trained specialists who are ready to assist you when needed. you can help with things related to your travel. Repeated travel sites and agencies also choose to have their travel partner prepared. You can be sure you will not be called by "shadey" deal providers and suppliers.
6. Notify the cruise line if you need special help. When booking your cruise reservations, it is advisable to explain any special assistance required. DIY travel sites often have a designated field (usually "comments" field) in their booking forms for special assistance requests such as armchairs, elevators and access to ramps, comfortable toilets in communal areas, and wheelchairs. When checking in, also make sure of the cruise line if your request is met.
7. Get a travel insurance coverage. Travel assurance is an important addition to any type of travel. About 70% of cruisers buy travel insurance for three reasons: peace of mind, anxiety about losing money invested in a trip, and protection against unforeseen circumstances.
8. Pack your suitcase. Check Baggage requirements on cruise line. Certain cruise lines may charge fees if you exceed the size or weight limit of luggage. Make sure you follow any applicable regulations, rules and conditions on cruise and port lines. Usually, weapons, firearms, dangerous goods, firearms, controlled substances and contraband are prohibited by local and national laws.
The cheapest cruise packages to The Bahamas are from Fort Lauderdale, as this port is very close to the country. You can choose to book a cheap fare or a package deal consisting of a cruise and hotel reservation on the island of Grand Bahama.